ALSO NEED TO SEND IN YOUR MESSAGES TO THE FCC ON THE BELOW ISSUE AS WELL!!!
FCC wants to "expedite the deployment next generation wireless infrastructure" for 5G by preempting local government siting authority. Comment by March 8th. Please comment and pass along to others.
The extended deadline is March 8th but please begin submitting now!
(See Notice Linked Below)
Follow These Instructions to Make Comments:
2. Click on "Submit a Filing" Tab at the top of the page.
3. Click on "Express a Comment" (on top of the page) to just make a comment or "Standard Filing" to attach documents (one of which can be your comment).
4. Simply type in 16-421 into the "Proceedings" Field and make sure it is accurately displayed in the window, a drop down menu will appear choose Docket No: 16-421
Note: Make sure you click ENTER after you type in the Docket number and after you type in your name otherwise you won't be able to submit your filing.
5. Fill out all required fields and click "Enter" or "Return" before you go to the next field.
6. Once all fields are filled out - click continue screen.
7. Review and submit.
8. Make sure you write down your confirmation # so that you can check on your submission.
Please emphasize safe alternatives*. Please use specific evidence for supporting your views. Please include specific symptoms and
experiences you have had. You may want to comment on excerpts below:
FCC Public Notice - COMMENT SOUGHT ON STREAMLINING DEPLOYMENT OF SMALL CELL INFRASTRUCTURE BY IMPROVING WIRELESS FACILITIES SITING POLICIES
"In particular, many wireless providers are deploying small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS).....they must be deployed more
densely – i.e., in many more locations – to function effectively. ..This trend in infrastructure deployment is expected to continue, and even
accelerate, as wireless providers begin rolling out 5G services.4"
DAS Nodes can be placed "on light stanchions, utility poles, building walls and rooftops, and other small structures either on private property
or in the public rights of way"
(Page 4 Footnotes)
"It is our responsibility to ensure that this deployment of network facilities does not become subject to delay caused by unnecessarily timeconsuming
and costly siting review processes that may be in conflict with the Communications Act."
"Section 332 also provides that state and local governments may not deny wireless facilities siting applications “on the basis of the
environmental effects of radio frequency emissions,” a matter over which the Commission has exclusive jurisdiction.36"
Please submit your comments and forward this request to others. Thank you for your help and support. If you have any questions please submit them in my comment form.